A completely oil-free diet chutney for those of us who can’t even dream of bland food. And yes, my doc told me I could add this to my weight-loss diet 🙂
- Tomatoes : Red Chillis = 1:1
- Small onions = half cup
- Green Chilli = 1
- Tamarind = 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh Coriander = half cup
- Water = half cup
- Salt, asofoetida, mustard seeds = to taste
- Add the tomatoes, onions, chillis, tamarind,corriander leaves and water in the cooker and cook it in high heat
- After one whistle reduce it to a simmer
- Let it cook for about 5 whistles approximately 8 minutes
- Once it is cooked (you should know it is done by the aroma) cool it and then grind it into a fine paste.
- Temper it with mustard seeds and asofoetida and the diet tomato chutney is ready.
What’s my favourite way of having it you ask?
With Dosas !! Yummmmmmm…..