You have this one friend who is great with movies right? And then there’s another friend who is a sworn-in football fanatic. Finally, there’s this foodie buddy of yours.
What’s common about all of them? You.
Your curls are just like you. They NEED their friends – 1. to protect hair damage 2. to prevent frizz and 3. to tame those rowdy curls baby hair.
And let’s face it, one product ain’t cutting it. That includes those miraculous two-in-one, three-in-one…and freakishly…ten-in-one products.
What your curls need is a routine that invites all your friends to the party! A routine that satiates their every need. Just like a day off for you that calls for a movie, a game and yummy grub.
So I experimented – A LOT – for over a year and a half. This routine is my holy grail, path of roses to that heavenly, silky tresses. Continue reading
The mantra for good make-up is “Highlight your natural assets”
Make-up gurus would tell you to always draw attention away from your flaws and add more Oomph to your best features. Basically, spend maximum time on your plus points to make them stand out even more.
I know some of you are thinking, “But shouldn’t I pay attention to my flaws? I spend most of my time covering up my nasty pores…which is some heavy work” Sigh…
Hmmm…a common belief. Well, that’s one way to look at it. But think about this :
You can’t really change those small eyes that you were born with. Or do anything about those protruding ears.
So I asked myself, is it wise spending all those frigging hours trying to correct the ‘flawed features’ and getting nowhere?
This is my pedicure routine to relax my feet and to replenish them.
1. Prepare Hot water tub with shampoo and bath salts
2. Clip/ File dry nails
3. Apply Vaseline to cuticles
4. Soak for 5 mins
5. Use flat tool to scrape on surface and push back cuticles
6. Use bent tool to clean the grim and dirt between nail and skin
7. Use cuticle cutter to remove dead skin around nails
8. Soak for 5 mins
9. Use cleansing gel to foam feet
10. Use scrapper brush along with foam to scrub all dirt on soles, heels, balls of feet and tips of toes.
11. Apply a little cleansing gel to the brush and clean all the above mentioned areas, followed by ankles, top of foot and knuckles and nails.
12. Rub feet some more, adding water if required.
13. Add the cleansing scrub and gently scrub the feet, calves, between toes and the sides of the feet
14. Soak feet in lukewarm water for 10 mins
15. Drain the water from tub, while washing feet
16. Wash feet thoroughly
17. Dry excess moisture .
18. Use rough buffer to smoothen the skin on the heels, balls and entire sole.
19. Use soft buffer if necessary
20. Use cleansing mask and leave it on for 10 mins
21. Wash with scrub if necessary
22. Pat dry the moisture
23. Apply moisturising lotion
24. Massage the calves and heels with special toes massage and pop the toe knuckles
25. Apply nail polish
Who doesn’t despise those horrible tan lines? And when you are from India it’s not just the summer that you have to be worried about 😦 Sighhhhh
But I did come up with a simple routine for removing tan. Read on to know how…